Here is the compiled list of people who wrote in yesterday saying that they are willing to be contacts for character reference. A great big thank you to everyone on the list for being willing- you may message me anytime asking to be removed from the list if you so choose (additions are also welcome). Followers, remember to be polite and respectful.
Kass is willing to help anyone who needs help with anxiety, ADHD-I, selective mutism, and bipolar disorder.
I’m available to talk about being the child of two disabled parents, and wheelchairs and their quirks. My mom is a paraplegic, my dad is a quadriplegic. I know a lot about these subjects, so don’t be shy!
I am deaf, so anyone who is interested into writing about deafness are welcome to ask me for my inputs. I hope this is not a problem at all, just thought to lend a helping hand! :)
I may be a bit late, but with the mental health topic - I am a female with Aspergers (a form of high functioning autism that shows differently between males and females) and I would be willing to answer any questions or go on your masterpost if you’re making one! :)
i ahm - if you’re still taking these, i’ve got a mood disorder, ocd and anxiety, and i could help with questions about those, but specifically ocd because i don’t quite understand my mood disorder a lot„,
So I have bulimia and depression and I used to self harm. If anyone needs help writing about any of these, I’m more than happy to answer questions or help people out.
I don’t know if this really counts as a disability, but I’m pushing 300 pounds here and I wouldn’t mind answering some questions? I think people THINK of being over-weight as a disability and it’s definitely stigmatized, so.
Since others are doing it… I’ve had major depressive disorder for years, and so I can answer any questions people have. They can just send me an ask if they like. :)
I am willing to answer questions about depression as well. Though mine is considered atypical, and I want to say not as serious as major, I have had some experiences that might help my fellow writers.
I noticed no one else had messaged about it yet, but if anyone wants to talk about bipolar they can message me. I can also help with depression and anxiety, or any questions about ADD/ADHD
I hope I’m not jumping on the bandwagon here, but I have ADHD type-2 and am willing to debunk any stereotypes or answer any questions.
And I am a compulsive liar (who is recovering/somewhat recovered) because of childhood trauma and I’m always willing to answer questions!
FYI-if someone needs help writing a character with paranoia issues or bipolar disorder, I’d be more than happy to help.
Like common-sense-and-logic, I have mental illnesses—DID and severe depression/anxiety (that I’m slowly getting over with the help of heavy medication and therapy) and my ask box is open/my skype is on my blog. If you try and hit me up on skype, make sure you say in the request you need help for this purpose, please. :)
fyoured is a great resource if you have a character with an eating disorder. i’d also be willing to talk about my personal experience with ednos, self harm, and depression :)
I can offer my services of a ‘disability contact’ as I have one hand. I was born with it and have adapted for all 18 years of my life. It’s the loss of my lower left arm from the elbow down.
(Edit: Also insomnia)
About the disability listing… not sure if I’ll be a lot of help, but I can still try. I dealt with binge eating disorder for a couple years when I was younger, then for the past three I’ve been dealing with anorexia. Physically I have low blood pressure, and I’m blind in one eye.
Hello, I’d be happy to help out on the disabilities list as I’m epileptic with grand mal seizures (the commonly depicted “shake all over”) and totally willing to talk about anything you can think of regarding the topic. I have some familiarity with other types as well, and know some places for more information.
- criminal-or-hero reblogged this from fuckyeahcharacterdevelopment
- criminal-or-hero likes this
- proper-english likes this
- becum likes this
- 4r4d14m3g1d0 reblogged this from fuckyeahcharacterdevelopment
- ricketarh likes this
- mxjames likes this
- thecharminggreeneyedmonster reblogged this from fuckyeahcharacterdevelopment
- thecharminggreeneyedmonster likes this
- miranda-dawnblossom likes this
- charming-chickadee likes this
- mrgiraffe1 likes this
- shallnotdisappoint likes this
- excitableplasticrabbits reblogged this from fuckyeahcharacterdevelopment
- goldenroxie likes this
- goldenroxie reblogged this from lolishotateaparty
- lolishotateaparty reblogged this from fuckyeahcharacterdevelopment
- lolishotateaparty likes this
- sarahangelwrites reblogged this from fuckyeahcharacterdevelopment
- rphbyday likes this
- msfangirlgonewild likes this
- noellem likes this
- betafinder reblogged this from fuckyeahcharacterdevelopment
- myplotsinspiration reblogged this from fuckyeahcharacterdevelopment
- writeatheart reblogged this from fuckyeahcharacterdevelopment
- cosmicbitchiness reblogged this from fuckyeahcharacterdevelopment and added:
- thebloodofangrywriters reblogged this from fuckyeahcharacterdevelopment
- saevuswinds likes this
- mandyskankovichs reblogged this from fuckyeahcharacterdevelopment
- m0stlygh0stly likes this
- fitzsimmonsofshield likes this
- clockworkcrow reblogged this from fuckyeahdisabilityeducation
- dubiousrex likes this
- ambyrfire likes this
- permafros-t likes this
- fuckyeahdisabilityeducation reblogged this from fuckyeahcharacterdevelopment and added:
- elena-in-her-labyrinth likes this
- therealkeyblademaster likes this
- rnanqo likes this
- voidforthehumansoul likes this
- thepinkmongoose likes this
- jeremyfuckyourenner likes this
- taramystere likes this
- strangethief likes this
- theyllcallusrevolutionaries likes this
- rebellious-and-resilient likes this
- mustardhills likes this
- the-ides-of-fox likes this
- ganymead likes this
- banananut likes this